Our Processing Time
- Our Goal is to have your package leave us within 48 hours of you placing your order, unless we must contact you first to resolve an issue (e.g. shortage, credit card problem, etc.). If we can process your order within 24 hours, we certainly will. During the holiday season, however, it may take 3 to 4 days to process your order, so order early if timing is an issue.
- USPS Priority Mail (Standard): Because we ship out of Alaska, shipping via USPS Priority Mail is the most cost effective standard shipping method. We currently don’t offer shipping through other carriers, but if a different carrier is important to you, please don’t hesitate to call us and express your interest and we will look into accommodating you.
- USPS Priority Mail Shipping Time: A good shipping time estimate for shipping to the lower 48 States would be 3 to 7 days, maybe a little longer during the Holiday season. For shipping within Alaska, many cities/villages receive packages within 2 days, while others that are remote, depending on weather, may not receive packages for up to two weeks. USPS Priority Mail shipping times are not guaranteed.
- USPS Priority Mail (Standard) Shipping Rates: We have set our webstore domestic shipping rates based on the amount of your order. Note: Small orders under $25 incur a handling charge that is included in the fixed rate. The following rates for orders over $25 are close to actual shipping rates or discounted as follows:
Order Amount Shipping Rate
- $0.01 - $24.99 $12.95 (this rate includes a handling charge)
- $25.00 - $100.00 $7.95
- $100.01 - $150.00 $5.95 (discounted)
- $150.01 and up FREE (ignore the .01)
Important: The rates listed above do NOT apply to phone orders. If you place an order over the phone, you will be charged actual shipping rates plus a $2.00 handling fee for orders over $25.00, and actual shipping rates plus a $7.00 handling fee for orders under $25.00.
- USPS Express Mail: If you must have your package within 2 days of it leaving our store, then choosing this method is best, and guaranteed by the USPS. Simply indicate in our webstore shopping cart’s Order Notes section that you would like us to quote you the price of USPS Express Mail, provide us with your contact phone number (cell phone # preferred), and we will call/email you with a quote of the actual shipping charges. If you want to get an idea of the Express Mail shipping rates, click on USPS Postage Calculator and enter “99507” as the “From Zip Code”.
- Tracking Your USPS Shipment: All domestic USPS packages we ship out have a Delivery Confirmation Number. When we ship your package, you will receive an email that notes your confirmation number. Click on USPS Track & Confirm to track your USPS package.
- Customer Pickup: You can now place an order in our webstore, we’ll pull it for you, and then you or someone else can pick it up from our Anchorage Store! A great way to avoid shipping charges if you are going to be in the neighborhood anyway but have limited time. You will receive an email when your order is ready for pickup.
- Express Mail International: All International shipments will be shipped through the US Postal Service. This shipping method is the most cost effective. We currently don’t offer International shipping through other carriers.
Express Mail International Shipping Time: Shipping times to major international destinations average between 3 to 7 days. Delays in Customs may increase the shipping time however.
- Express Mail Shipping Rates: Our webstore shopping cart estimates the shipping charges to International destinations. You will only be charged the actual shipping charges, unless your order value is under $25.00, then you will incur a $5.00 handling charge that will be added to your actual shipping charges. If our webstore underestimated the shipping charges by more than $10.00, we will email you with the correct shipping charges and wait for your approval before we ship your order. We insure all international shipments. On the Customs Form we report the actual value of the order, and designate the contents as “Craft Supplies”. If you want to get an idea of the Express Mail International shipping rates, click on USPS Postage Calculator and select your country as the destination.
- Priority Mail International: We're sorry, but we stopped using this method due to the fact that shipments can not be tracked to their destination online when using Priority Mail International.
- Order Changes: If you order an item that our webstore says is in stock, but is actually not in stock when we go to pull the item, we will short the item’s quantity on your order.
- Backorders: Any item that you are shorted will not be backordered. Kindly consider checking back at a later date and re-ordering the item when it is back in stock.
- Stock Quantity Updates: Please note that in our attempt to keep our stock quantities accurate in our webstore, we update our webstore stock quantities every morning and sometimes in the afternoon as well.
- Special Orders: Should you require a larger quantity than we normally carry of an item, please feel free to call us toll free at 1-888-946-2323 and request a Special Order. A non-refundable deposit may be required depending on what you are special ordering. Once you request your special order, you will receive a follow-up call from our purchasing department confirming your order and the pricing before the special order will be placed. If you do not hear back from us in a timely manner, please don’t hesitate to contact us again and get a status.
· American Express
· Credit Card CVV Number: When paying via a credit card, please indicate your 3-Digit CVV Number from the back of your credit card, or the 4-Digit American Express CID Number from the front of your AMEX card, in our Order Notes section of our webstore shopping cart. Thank You!
· Billing/Shipping Address: Due to increased Credit Card Fraud and for the Cardholder’s protection, we require that your Billing Address is the one on file with your credit card company, and, your Shipping Address must match your Billing Address when you are a first time customer. For International Orders, the Shipping Address must always match the Billing Address.
C.O.D. (Alaska Only)
· We will only accept Collect On Delivery for orders that are being shipped to an Alaskan P.O. Box.
· Package Pickup: You must pick up the package from the Post Office within 10 days of its arrival at the Post Office, otherwise the Post Office will return the package to Alaska Bead Company. If this happens, you are still responsible for the shipping charges & restocking fees.
· C.O.D. Fee: A C.O.D. fee of $9.05 is added to your shipping charges automatically when you choose C.O.D. as your payment method.
Money Orders/Cashiers Checks
· U.S. Customers, if you wish to pay by sending us a Money Order/Cashiers Check in advance, you will need to place your order with us over the phone. Click on Contact Us to find our toll free phone number and our Mail Order Hours.
· If you have an ABC Gift Certificate you would like to use, you will need to place your order with us over the phone. Our website software cannot handle gift certificates yet. Click on Contact Us to find our toll free phone number and our Mail Order Hours.